By 1908, Hartford had an extensive system of streetcar lines radiating from the city in all directions. The Hartford division of the Connecticut Company totaled more than 125 miles of track for streetcars—one could ride to New Britain, Stafford Springs, or Springfield, MA! The system shrank with the advent of the car, and in 1941 closed for good. Today, the memories are preserved in these photos from the Horace Bromley collection at the CT Motor Coach Museum.
Published in 2004.
List Price: $21.95